Vastu Tips for the home
Always chose East and North facing plots which are regular in size (like square or rectangle) as they are considered auspicious. Avoid having any corners in your building that might have cuts or extensions as they attract negativity. Prefer buying plots that have four side pathways as they are believed to bring peace, happiness and prosperity.
A leaking overhead tank is considered inauspicious in Vastu. The Overhead water tank must never be placed in the South-East direction as this direction invites fatal accidents and may result in financial loss. Always use light colours in the house as they as a symbol of happiness and harmony. Never sleep in the Pooja Room of the house.
The windows and the doors must always be placed opposite to each other. This helps in balancing the positive and negative flows of energy.
• The entrance of the house brings in the main energy. The house should have an East, North and North East-facing main door.
• Drainage pipes should be constructed in the a way that they should outflow in West, North or North-west. One can experience financial difficulties if the direction of the drains is improper.
• South-East direction is considered the direction of Fire. Hence, the kitchen should always be sited in the South-east direction
• The bathroom or toilets are a major source of damaging energies. Hence, they should always be located in the east direction, far away from the kitchen area.
• Majority of the walls in the house should be painted in lighter tones, as these shades promote relaxation, harmony and tranquility. Dark colors promote tension and should be avoided at any cost.
• Vastu insists on spaces that are regular in shape since these shapes signify protection, steadiness and security. Hence, the rooms that are square or rectangular in design are preferred the most.
• Any water body inside the house like the swimming pool, an aquarium or water tank should be placed in the Northeast direction as water signifies wealth and this direction enhances power of prosperity.
• There should be a provision for some empty space in the centre of the house from where light enters. This central space should always remain spotless and unoccupied.
• All doors in the house should always open inside for in order to welcome positive energies and prosperity inside the house.
1.Vastu Tips for the Children’s Room
Avoid using direct overhead lights or very sharp lights in the room of children as they may stress their mind and distract.
The doors should be east and north facing and the windows should be always on the opposite sides of the doors.
It is recommended to use the colour green as it brings peace, better concentration and a touch of freshness in the child.
2.Vastu tips for Bathroom
There distance between the bathroom and the kitchen should be as maximum as possible.
The placement of the bathroom must be the North-West direction. The North-East can shed the wealth and prosperity of the family while The South-West direction can distress the health of head of the family.
Place the dirty laundry in the West direction as the sunset rays are lethal for bacteria.
3.Vastu Tips for Bedroom
The master bedroom should always be placed in the Southern Direction. Always sleep with your head in the South.
Avoid keeping any idols of God or Goddess in the bedroom as it is not auspicious to keep idols where you sleep.
Do not have very large mirrors placed in the room as they can cause fights and worries.
4.Vastu Tips for Kitchen
The kitchen should be in the South-East direction as the God of Fire resides in that direction.
Avoid the entry of footwear (used for outdoor purposes) in the kitchen as it might give an entry to negative elements.
Following these simple Vastu tips in the house can bring a lot of positive changes in the life of residents and lighten up the environment.